Monday, August 16, 2010

Remembering the 10 Golden Rules of Lomography

Already while browsing through some other blogs, I have come across folks saying that there are "too many Holgas around" and that "what you see in the frame may not necessarily mean art."

I think people are taking lomography way too seriously. I mean, really, who cares if there are too many Holgas around? So what if a lot of people want to use a Holga. It's all relative anyway. I'm sure professional DSLR users out there are out to say the same thing about digital cameras.

I wish to remind these folks that there's an artist in every one of us. Lomography (even photography for that matter) should be fun and mainly done for oneself. Really, in both cases, one must be satisfied with the end result. And usually, it's an end result that one is proud of. Proud enough to put on a blog or on Flickr.

So, I post a link to the 10 Golden Rules of Lomography to remind people out there--it's a free world. Beautiful art is in the eyes of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment